Effective Date: 04/15/2021
The Site collects personally identifiable information from you, which may include your name, email address, address, the last four digits of your social security number, birth date, photo ID, phone number, credit card information and login information (i.e., username and password). This information is collected and stored electronically when you create an account with us, place an order, sign up to join our mailing list or otherwise contact us. Our service providers with whom we have agreements in place to protect your information, also collect, electronically store and use the information solely to provide the services for which we engage them, such as sending emails about your order or La Aurora products that may interest you, processing payments and verifying that you are of legal age to purchase our products.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, the Site automatically collects information about your computer hardware and software when you use the Site. This information may include: your IP address, device information (including screen size and unique identifiers, geographic locations (country only), browser type, preferred languages used on the Site, domain names, access times and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Site. This information is used by us for our business purposes, including for the operation and improvement of the Site, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Site, to market our products we think may be of interest to you on the Site and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
How Information is Used
We, La Aurora, and our service providers may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site;
- to operate and improve the products offered by La Aurora, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to provide you with information about La Aurora products that we think may be of interest to you;
- to email you information about your order;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site;
- to fulfill your requests, such as those related to ordering and payment;
- to verify that you are at least 21 years old; and
- to communicate with you.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We may share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide data analysis and research on the Site, process payments, verify that you are of legal age to purchase tobacco products and send out email updates about the Site, La Aurora products and your order.
- La Aurora. We may share your name, address and/or e-mail address to La Aurora for La Aurora to provide you with information about its products.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer or assign information, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, liquidation, change in control or other sale by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Carisam does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Carisam does not control and is not responsible for the information practices of our service providers. However, we will contractually obligate them not to use your information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which we engage them. Additionally, you consent to our sharing of your information with La Aurora as described above in the section entitled “Sharing of Information”. For information on La Aurora’s privacy practices, please visit the link below:
Links to External Websites
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
Carisam uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information we have access to; however, we will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Site, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of 21. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of 21.
Questions / Contact Us
Notification of Changes